Skip to main content

District Transfers


ONLY 2022-23 School Year 

FIll out this form online for the school year starting Fall 2022.
Intra-District Transfer Form
English | español | 中文

PLEASE NOTE: Student MUST be currently enrolled to be eligible for an Intra-District Transfer


What is an Intra-District Transfer?

For internal, Fremont to Fremont school transfers.
Fremont Unified School District assigns schools based on your home address. If you would like to apply for another school in our District, you will need to fill out an Intra-District Transfer for above.


What is an Inter-District Transfer?

For transfers to a school outside of Fremont.
An Inter-District transfer is needed when parents/legal guardians wish to enroll their student(s) at a school that is outside of the District in which they reside. An Inter-District Transfer is required when parents wish to enroll their students into an Fremont Unified School District school, but physically reside in another District's boundaries.

How Do I Apply for an Inter-District Transfer?

Please use one of these Inter-District Forms depending on your county of residence.

DO NOT take a photo of the transfer request with your phone or fill out the form in pencil. Forms must be sent electronically to be processed. Form is a fillable PDF.

Inter-District (INSIDE Alameda County):
English | español

Inter-District (OUTSIDE Alameda County):

Fremont Resident

To transfer out of the District. Download the correct Inter-District form for the requested district. 

Email the completed form to and be sure to attach all necessary background information including:

  •  Grades - Elementary Report Card
  •  Transcript - Middle, Jr. High & High School
  •  Attendance
  •  Discipline reports
  •  IEP (if applicable)
Non-Fremont Resident

To transfer your student from another district into Fremont Unified School District, you must begin the process within the DISTRICT IN WHICH YOU RESIDE. Please contact your current school district for questions and procedures.